Popular Posts

Friday, March 18, 2011

"I was asked to open my thighs for a lead role" – Vicky Zugah

Sexy actress, Vicky Zugah has disclosed that until recently that she was faced by a producer’s wish to have his way with her before giving her a lead role in a movie, she thought comments that suggest that producers demand sex before giving roles were false.

Speaking in an interview on Day Break Hitz with Lexis Bill Wednesday, Vicky who started as a cosmetologist and a make-up artist said she was dumbfounded when the producer demanded sex before handing her the role.

Narrating her personal ordeal, Vicky said, “I didn’t believe it until it happened to me. This production manager (name withheld)…called me one day and said he had a script for me. I went over to his office and he showed two different roles, one was supporting and the other was a lead character.”

“He said to me Nadia Buari was supposed to play the lead character but she was out of the country at that moment so if I really want the lead character then I should accompany him somewhere. Seriously I didn’t know we were going to a hotel, I would not have gone with him."

Clueless of the man’s motives, she went along till they got to a hotel where the producer unveiled his agenda.

“So I went with him and then we got to some hideout hotel…the next thing the receptionist said the guy was in one of the rooms and she the receptionist was supposed to take me to the guy in the room and I went to the room.

“The guy said ‘Do I really want the lead character?’ I said yes – He said ok…this is what all of them did to get to where they are…I couldn’t just believe what was happening because that was my very first time and people talked about it but I didn’t just believe…I was speechless,” she revealed.


Asked whether she gave in to the producer’s demand, the actress said she turned it down, advising all aspiring and upcoming actresses never to lose their dignity to such demands.

“I walked out of the room, then I came to my house, I called him and told him thank you very much but I can’t do this.”

Vicky has starred in close to 30 movies just four years in the industry and has starred in productions such as The Bible, The Return Of Beyonce, Tears Of Womanhood, Pretty Queen and True Colours.

For the audio clip, click >>> LISTEN TO VICKY ZUGAH TALK ABOUT THIS


Story by Ernest Dela Aglanu/Myjoyonline.com/Ghana

No comments:

Post a Comment