Popular Posts

Sunday, March 27, 2011

LYNX IS CRAP WITHOUT ASEM

I have actually sat for hours trying to figure something out. How time wasting that might sound to some people, but to me, it is worth my every ‘wasted’ thought.

See, most record labels have a very fortified team whose foundation won’t tremble no matter what the cause may be. However, there are those “apakye” record labels that just need to lean on a stick to stand - at least for a few moments without wobbly feet.

Somewhere 2008, if my mind isn’t playing tricks on me, ASEM surfaced as the new kid on the block. Well who knew what or who Lynx was? The name Richie was just a floating piece of paper on the waters. Some “konkontiba” or “one-man-thousand” could have just swallowed that paper kraa one time! Okay thanks to “Lynx Superhero”, Asem, there was a successful rescue mission.


I remember how all this Lynx thing started. It was by just a single Asem “Blow”. Asem’s “Give me blow” was the tune that rocketed Richie and his Lynx entertainment to where it currently is. Or should I say was since they are DEAD to me. Let us be honest:

First of all, Richie sucks at singing. Not to sound mean or anything but I would prefer King Ayisoba to Richie. Forget about the genre of music chale...I’m talking about the voices. It would be unfair to compare him to Jon Germain cos that dude is good apart from the parts that make him sound like he wants to drop a week old constipated piece of crap.

 Secondly, Richie sucks at creating variations in his production. If I have a piece of “duade” (cassava) stuck in each of my ears and drunk on some killer Kasapreko Alomo Gin Bitters “kraaa” I would detect a Richie beat. Smh

Okay enough. I can go on and on and on without ending if I should be picking them out one after the other. The point I want to make is the “Yaaro man no get talent”. It’s just series of opportunities well taken. Unfortunately, the fuel died out. More like separating the men from the boys now.

Everything that made Lynx what it was (sorry if I have chosen to address them with the past tense speech like I am talking about my late grand-ma) is the man called ASEM. The boy wrote practically all hits that came out of that record label, starting from Richie’s “Frema”, and was the artiste who released most as well. He was basically the only artiste with REAL Talent apart from Irene Logan at that time.

LoL talk of talent...I will let Eazzy pass cos we all know how crappy she is but amazingly, has a crowd that I’m sure like her for her sex appeal. 

Oh massa "Ricky Rozay" “di3” lmao the least said the better. “Oboi shaa pass”. Who put him (OJ Blaq) on that label anyway? Well I know that was a dumb question to ask...  birds of a feather riiiiiight???

With the “You say weytin” man I don’t want to judge him now. 

Apart from all this mountain of zoomlion doppelganger waste at makola market, there is the issue of conflicting of interest. So "Bra Richie" has nothing to deliver but won’t leave the song making to the musician and his fellow “musicians” to do the dilly. You want to record your own piece of “konko” music, how are you going to get time for the others?

So what I’m I saying now? Lynx is CRAP without ASEM!!! I wish they had found a way to convince him to stay. They are already dead anyways so what have they got to lose; their decaying teeth and rusting mics? umm...naaah I don't think so.

I know Asem would still make hits with or without them cos that dude is worth loads... but for Lynx, umm...I will talk about that later. I have to facebook now chale, my friends are waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment