Popular Posts

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Phil Collins has retired from the music industry.

The famed Genesis drummer, Phil Collins, has cited numerous health reasons for his decision to quit after decades in the business, saying that he's lost some of his hearing, he's dislocated vertebra and nerve damage makes it hard for him to hold his drumsticks.
"I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me," Collins (60) told FHM. "I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."

Collins, who moved to Switzerland in 2009, adds: "I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that. It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me."

I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press. I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved; I know I still have a very large fan base that loves what I do. Thank you,” he listed in his letter of retirement. “I'm not stopping because I don't fit in, this was proved with "Going Back" reaching No. 1 in the U.K., and doing incredibly well worldwide. I'm not stopping so I can dive full time into my interest for the Alamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment