Popular Posts

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Halle Berry on Playing Aretha Franklin: "I Can't Do Her Justice!"


Looks like Halle Berry as the legendary Aretha Franklin is not completely in the works as reported. The Queen of Soul told Wendy Williams that the Oscar winner will play her in the long awaited biopic. However, on the red carpet for the Golden Globes, Ryan Seacrest asked Halle about the film. She answered, “I can’t sing! If I could carry a tune, I’d consider it. Someone should tell Aretha that I can’t do her justice.”

Considering many people have been giving Halle as Aretha the side-eye since it was announced, it’s good that Halle also agrees she may not be the right fit. But singing shouldn’t be the issue — she was lip-synching in the biopic of Dorothy Dandridge.  Sounds like Halle just feels like she isn’t the right fit…

I think some good selections to play Aretha would be Mo’Nique, Jennifer Hudson or maybe even Viola Davis.  Honestly, I don’t want anyone singing Aretha’s songs – let them lip-synch like Angela Bassett in What’s Love Got To Do With It? Stay tuned…

By: Clay Cane

No comments:

Post a Comment