Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bloman vs. Kila - GMA vs. Me

Before we start, let me take a moment to psyche you for this "thoughtless" movie. However if you can't see the drift my dumb self is showing you, then you can as well call it an article or a feature, whatever. It's your loss if you miss some of the awesome "Bloman vrs Kila" scenes.

Ahaaa...so this is how this movie started. I had just finished writing my economics test and well a brother needed some quiet in his system chale! But since DSTV gives no grace and decided to take away the connection in the morning, I couldn't risk watching any "borla" thing on GTV (like for real, who wants to watch a bunch of old faces on tv? I've practically been seeing those faces everyday before i could even rationally identify my mom's boobs as boobs.) nor any of it's little sisters so i switched on the television and tuned in to GHOne. Not to say they are better, but hey! they are on test transmission so what do you expect? Awesome videos through and through, then from nowhere GMA ads started flashing in. I saw the paraded GH artistes set to perform on the night, then suddenly D-BLACK! Oh!

okay let me REWIND that...

...then suddenly D-BLACK! Oh! again? "yieeee..."


Let's pause that right there. I will get back to it as we go on "cos" i have to do some "lungu lungu" small before i get back to it.

For the past few years, we all came to a convergent view that we need to take a paradigm shift from miming to real live stage shows.

Music is not just putting your voice over beat on a record. It goes beyond studio sessions to stage craft, which also goes beyond just screaming, to performing the song to capture the audience in a way they'd love to experience rather than playing your cd at home. Stage performance shows the totality of the creativity in you. Giving us garbage on stage makes us feel like watching Milli Vanilli. So it's pointless if you get on stage and you can't deliver. It's either you stay home and chew some "abro ne nkatie" and "soobolo" whiles those who can do it, do it or just do your lame miming act.

Hold it! Again, let's put this on cue, we'll be right back.

If the dvd player in your head works "p3p33p3 aa" then rewind the cd to April 2010 GMAs.
Now back to the first scene.

...then suddenly D-BLACK! Oh! are we going to watch that dude hop around the stage panting like a kangaroo trying to sing after a hot chase? Hell naaah...

Last year's was heartbreaking watching that piece of disappointment. I'm not trying to single him out . He's just the unfortunate scape goat who triggered my writing this.

You know what, if you are an artiste and you can't do it live, who is forcing you to? Chater House "sef" i wonder if they pay attention to all that. If you are geared towards making a good change in GH music, you should know who does it live and who doesn't. If for any reason anyone wants to do it live, they should have done thorough training and rehearsal because definitely, nobody wants to listen to 30seconds of music and 1minute of panting and wheezing.

D-Black isn't the only artiste who does exceptionally poor when it comes to performing on stage. Just some few weeks ago, Ofori Amponsah served a poisonous performance in New York to the audience there.
I don't care who tags me what, for being critical on some entertainment issues. That's where i derive my fun from so if you give me trash why can't I point that out? I am looking forward to watching this year's event and my only prayer is that the performances should be a compliment for some of the awards some of us are going to have problems with.

The 9ja acts are going to take the house no doubt but it shouldn't be done so cheaply like Banky-W and the others did last year.

"Saturday go come!"

1 comment: