Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A New Film for Tyler Perry

A romantic comedy is next for the actor and director.

Tyler Perry told Blackfilm.com that his next directorial effort will be Good Deeds. Perry, who accepted a CinemaCon Visionary Award last week, will also produce and star in the film.

It’s a romantic comedy that I play the lead role in," said Perry. "It’s about a guy who is torn between the girl he’s going to get married to and a new girl he just meets and he falls in love with. So that’s a little different for me.”


Good Deeds is scheduled to start production on April 25, and Perry hopes for a fall release.

In addition to the April 22 release of Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family
, Perry is also set to star as the Alex Cross in I, Alex Cross, James Patterson’s original tale of the detective/psychologist. The film is a reboot of the role popularized for moviegoers by Oscar-winner Morgan Freeman.

“I’m very excited about Alex Cross. I’m working out and taking ass-kicking classes and all that other stuff to make sure that I’m on point for it. I’m taking acting classes and everything. So it’s going to be great.”


By Starr Rhett
(Photo: Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment